About Rewa City
|The region retained its importance during the Early Historical period also being the Gate way to Ganga-valley. the important trade-routes connecting Kaushambi, Prayag, Varanasi, Pataliputra with the western and southern India passed through this region. During the region of Ashoka, the Great Mauryan Emperor, a number of Stupt-Vihara complexes such and Bharhut and Deur Kothar were built in the region. its importance did not diminish even during the Sunga-Kushana period when large scale building activity took place in the route when trade and commerce was at its zenith.|
|Before the Baghela kings occupied this region, among the important dynasties that ruled here, mention may be made of the Gupta, the Kalchuris, the Chandellas and the Pratiharas. It is important to note that during the Muslim rule even though some parts of Baghlkhand including Bandhavgarh were lost for sometime but Rewa proper never came under the direct control of the muslim rulers.|
|Different religious sects flourised in perfect amity and harmony together, from the earliest times, is reflected in the art of the region.|
|The Rewa-Satna region is coming up as a fast developing industrial belt particularly in the Cement and Cable production. there are several large scale industries and many more are expected to come up in near future.|
|The nature has endowed the suburbs of Rewa with immense natural beauty and pollution free enviornment. The lush green forests and the frolicking streams that gush cascading from the mountains have provided this place with spots of virgin natural beauty.|
|The Nature has endowed the suburbs of Rewa with immense natural beauty and pollution free environment. The lush green forests and the frolicking streams that gush-forth cascading from the mountains have provided this place with spots of virgin natural beauty.|
The district derives its name from Rewa town, the district headquarters, which is another name for Narmada river. The district with present boundary came into existence in 1950 after the promulgation of the Provinces and states (Transfer of ENCLAVES) order 1950. Prior to August 1947 the district along with the Raghurajnagar tahsil of the erstwhile Rewa state correspended to the north Rewa district of that state . The territones now included in the district were held by the imperral Maurya dynasty which ruled in the 3rd century B.C. In the advent of the Kalchurls from the 9th to the end of 12th century. The Baghela king driven eastwards by Ulugh Khan , brother of the emperor Alauddin in the 13th century appeared in this Baghela kings till the abdication of the Crown by the last successor of the dynasty, Martand Singh.after the country became independent, the Rewa ruler accede to the Union of India. The present Rewa district came into existence in 1950
The district can be divided into the four natural parts-kymore pahar, Binjh Pahar, Rewa Plateau and Lower-Northern Plain .The Huzur, Sirmour and Mauganj tahsils lie between the Kymore on the south and the Vindhyachal or Binjh pahar on the north and from what is known as Rewa plateau or uprihar. To the north of the Vindhyachal in the uprihar lies Teonther tahsils whish is quite different with regard to its physical and other features from the plateau tahsils. Rewa is basically a plateau and from the south to the north its height decreases. In the south the height of Kymore range is more than 450 meters, whereas the height of Alluvral plain of Teonthor is just 100 meters. In the district, dissected hills, ravines, plain plateau, scarp, water-fall and alluvral plain can be seen. The rain-water of the district is flown out by the tw0o assisting rivers of the Ganga, Tons or Tamas and Son. Most of the rivers in the district intitrate from the Kymore ridges which from the watershed for the area .
Rewa pronunciation is a city in the north-eastern part Madhya Pradesh state in India. It is the administrative center ofRewa District and Rewa Division. It is the former capital of the princely state of Rewa and the former state of Vindhya Pradesh. The city lies about 420 kilometres (261 mi) northeast of the state capital Bhopal and 130 kilometres (81 mi) south of the city ofAllahabad. Rewa derives its name from another name for the Narmada River. Rewa is connected to Allahabad via NH 27, Sidhi, Satna, Maihar and Varansi via NH-7. Rewa is famous for its harmony and enormous limestone resources.